5.2.06

Rainy Sunday

Click Here For Video.

So this weekend was intresting. I've diffently changed my mind on my generation. I've decided that I really don't relate with teens my age. So their for I am undeclaring my self as a teen. I am now an adult. So take that. I really just only get marketing people and internet and art people. I do not want to every night get high or drunk. So forget everbody else. I'm going to do my own thing. On saturday I went to VCU and checked out the Mass Communications classes. I'm really looking forward to hearing back from VCU. I hope I get in. I look forward to advertising. I picked up the first year mass comm book, and it seemed really intresting to me. Well check out the video. See ya later.
-j

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,

Don't get too upset about not being able to relate to your teenage 'peers'. I never could relate to the majority of the people I went to high school with either. College was better, but there were still plenty of times when I felt like the "square peg" in a room full of oblong holes (I have no idea what this analogy means, but go with me here).

I think part of it was growing up as a "military brat". Most of the people that I went to high school with had known each other since grade school or earlier. They had this whole shared history that I could not relate to. It probably also did not help that I was a skinny dorky looking kid and my mom dressed me up in the best fashion that Sears and K*Mart had to offer. I was the original Napoleon Dynamite...but not quite that cool even...

I know it's not easy being an "outsider", but it does gives you an interesting view at life that not everyone else gets. The trick now is to harness that view and do something with it that will bring enjoyment and fulfillment in your life.

So try to squeeze as much out of your last few months of high school as you can. Some day you may even be able to kick back and look nostalgically at those days (I know I can after a fifth of tequila and some horse tranquilizers).

Take it easy, and remember to always carry a pen (or pencil) and something to write on with you. You never know when inspiration (or a truck) might hit you.

Sincerely,

Jay (your uncle in KC)

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home